Saturday, October 12, 2013

FOTD--Weekend wear

This face of the day look is great for the weekend when you're either staying in or running errands. It requires little effort to achieve but looks polished.


All of these items can be purchased at Target or most drug stores. Here's the method:

*Rimmel 9-in-1 BB cream in Light-This is one of the only drugstore BB cream brands that actually does what it promises. It provides great coverage but isn't as heavy as a foundation. Apply to the face with your fingers.

*Rimmel Stay Matte powder in Translucent-If you have combination/oily skin or just want a good setting powder, this is for you. I use it all over very lightly at the beginning of the day and it keeps my skin matte all day. You can skip this step if you want a dewier look. 

*Sonia Kashuk Take Cover concealer in Dawn-This concealer takes care of under eye circles and discoloration for added coverage where you need it. I have extremely dark circles, so please ignore them in the picture below. 

*Maybelline Color Tattoo in Bad to the Bronze-This is a great base for eyeshadow during the week, but it works great for a bit of definition and looks gorgeous on its own. They have lots of colors available in this range that are all beautiful. 

*Maybelline Eye Studio Master Drama Eyeliner in Vibrant Violet-For this look I wanted to keep the focus on my eyes. This is a great way to define your eyes without looking too extreme. I used this deep plum color to enhance my brown eyes. I only lined my upper eyes to keep it low key. 

*Maybelline Great Lash clear mascara-I usually use powder in my brows, but I wanted to use just a little something to tame them without having to do the full monty. I didn't get a chance to pluck my brows before this picture, so ignore those too.

*No.7 Exceptional Definition mascara in Brown/Black-I chose to use a brown/black mascara to define my lashes and keep it simple. I have very dark lashes, but need a bit of extra volume and length.

*Physicians Formula Happy Booster Glow & Mood Boosting Powder-I use this powder as a blush/highlight in one to give my cheeks a bit of effortless glow. This is super silky and perfect for my fair skin.

*L'oreal Colour Riche Balm in Heavenly Berry-This balm is super moisturizing with the perfect tint of color for a pulled together look.

I also braided my hair to the side to keep it out of my face and give is some subtle waves when I take it down.

Here's the finished look!


Have a great weekend!


What other looks would you like to see featured here on the blog? What is your weekend beauty routine like?

No comments:

Post a Comment