Thursday, July 9, 2020

Rainbow baby here we come!

     As some of you may know, last November was one of the hardest times our family has endured as we mourned the loss of our pregnancy. The subsequent months were difficult as my memories of my pregnancy with Ezra would pop up (they were due the same day 2 years apart). As we settled in to a new normal while still grieving, we were overjoyed in May to find out we had a little rainbow baby on the way. A pregnancy after a miscarriage is a strange thing. I can't help but be overjoyed at the new little one joining our family, but your heart is also guarded with the worst case scenario floating around. The anxiety never goes away, but is managed with the hope and excitement of new milestones. 
     I've never had a winter baby, so this should be an interesting change of pace. We have been blessed to see this baby a few times and have the reassurance that this pregnancy is progressing. I am exhausted constantly, experiencing a new level of nausea, having unprecedented acne (gotta love hormones) and already showing despite losing weight. 
     I am attempting to take everything in stride and of course documenting this pregnancy as I have the others, more so to keep family in the loop and act as a journal for myself. 



 
       

     

                 

                               




How far along: 11 weeks and some days

Gender: Unknown as of yet

Maternity clothes:  Some here and there, but I've been able for the most part to wear my stretchier pants. 

Stretch marks: No new ones yet

Belly button in or out:  In, probably not going to ever be out.

Sleep: Still pretty good for the most part. I'm trying to get lots of it.

Best moment this week:  Getting to visit our family for the 4th of July weekend.

Worst moment this week: Feeling extra nauseous. Usually mine is getting better around this time, but so far it has just been getting worse. 

Miss anything: Eating whatever food

Movement:  None yet

Cravings:  None really, mostly just aversions to a ton of food. Nothing ever sounds good. 

Queasy or sick: Very nauseous. Haven't had my usual cold I always seem to get with my pregnancies, but it is summer instead of fall when I'm usually in my first trimester. 

Looking forward to: Entering the second trimester soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment