Saturday, April 6, 2013

A sweet little treat

This weekend is going to be pretty low-key so I thought I would share an awesome brownie recipe with you all. This recipe came from a Pinterest post I found. I made a few alterations, substitutions, and the like, mainly because I don't have things like a stand mixer or a 9x13 pan. They still turned out wonderful.

Ingredients:

  • 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
  • 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
  • 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
  • 4 large eggs, room temperature
  • 4 Tbls milk
  • 4 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 6 Tbsp dutch process cocoa powder
  • 1/2 tsp salt
What to do:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter(or Pam spray) a clear glass baking pan. The recipe says 9x13, but I think mine is an 8x11 or something weird.
  2. Beat together the butter and sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each, then stir in milk and vanilla. 
  3. Mix flour, salt, and cocoa in a separate bowl. Slowly add in the flour mixture being very careful not to over mix. The batter will be very very very thick. 
  4. Use a rubber spatula to scrape the sides of the bowl to ensure all ingredients are incorporated.
  5. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 30 to 40 mins. Bake 35 mins for a thin crust and gooey underneath. Set aside to cool, cut into bars and serve.
Because my pan was smaller I added about 5 to 8 minutes and kept a close eye on the brownies. They also stayed "cut" in the pan and were eaten at random intervals that way. So delicious. Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment