Monday, January 27, 2014

Yep, the rumors are true

As most of you already know, WE ARE HAVING A BABY!!!
This is so amazingly exciting for both David and me. I will be doing a weekly update on my current pregnant state of being with a weekly photo to go along with it. The baby is currently the size of plum, which blows my mind to think about. I'll be combining weeks 12 and 13 since I'm a slacker on taking my photos on time and I'll be 13 weeks tomorrow. My body hasn't changed at all in that time, at least not that is noticeable. There isn't really a baby bump to speak of at this point, that's just my body, but I wanted to keep track of how the bump develops over the next 27 weeks or so.

I am using questions found on the Little Baby Garvin blog and these wooden blocks that my wonderful hubby got me for Christmas! Obviously some of these won't apply yet, so that answer will remain the same for a few weeks, but there will be updates to most of the prompts each week.
Please excuse my dirty mirror picture


How far along: 13 weeks

Gender: Don't know yet, but David and I both think it will be a girl.

Maternity clothes: Maternity pants. I bloated up as soon as I got pregnant and that stretchy waistband is my hero right now.

Stretch marks: Yes. But those were pre-pregnancy so who knows at this point. I'm just earning my stripes. 

Belly button in or out: Very in. I have quite a deep belly button so it will be interesting to see if/when it pops.

Sleep: Pretty good when I'm not waking up to use the bathroom. My Bump Nest is definitely helping me out. This is the Rolls Royce of body pillows and the best birthday present.

Best moment this week: Finally being able to spill the beans and tell everyone that we are pregnant! It has been difficult to wait so long to share such a happy moment with the world.

Worst moment this week: This is kind of a cop out, but having to come home from seeing family in Greensboro. David's sister is about to leave for 18 months to go on her mission.

Miss anything: Being able to wear my wedding rings. Like I said, I bloated up right away and haven't been able to wear them for almost two months now. 

Movement: Not yet!
 
Cravings: Mexican food, fruity things especially sour fruits. I was craving some lemonade so bad the other night. 

Queasy or sick: Still a bit nauseous in the evening time, but nothing like the 24/7 nausea I've been dealing with for the past two months or so. 

Looking forward to: Sleeping in on Saturday!

So that's all for now. Check back next week for more updates and a new picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment