Tuesday, July 29, 2014

39 weeks; baby is the size of a watermelon!

So here we are at 39 weeks. Needless to say I am very ready to have this baby. At my doctor's appointment on Friday the doctor said I have 4cm dilated and 80% effaced. She said to go to the hospital as soon as I have contractions 5 minutes apart for an hour. She was pretty surprised that I was so far progressed. She said I could make an appointment for this Friday, but that I probably wouldn't make it to the appointment. I'm trying to remain positive, but I also don't want to get my hopes up in case he decides to take longer. Read on for more from this week!


dress: Old Navy
cardigan: Target



How far along: 39 weeks

Gender: BOY!

Maternity clothes: Yep. Most days it is all about comfort. I haven't worn makeup most days this week and I love it. It has given my skin a break, but it is nice to have something to do the other days of the week so I have a reason to "get ready" and do things. 

Stretch marks: No new ones, just the same old ones. 

Belly button in or out: In. Somehow it has gotten deeper now? I think as he continues to drop it has regressed. There goes that vain hope that it would pop out even for a week or two. 

Sleep: Hit and miss this week. I had two really terrible nights in a row and then I slept great the next day, but last night wasn't very good. 

Best moment this week: Hearing that I had progressed quite a bit and that now I just need to get these contractions going to meet my little man!

Worst moment this week: Having two nights in a row of contractions that led nowhere. I would have contraptions starting around midnight and slowly building to about 5 to 6 minutes apart that lasted for 40 or so minutes, but then they would get further and further apart and then stop. It was really annoying to have all that pain and thinking we could be going to the hospital soon, but then being let down. 

Miss anything: Sleep mostly. Not feeling like a planet. 

Movement: Yep. The little dude still manages to roll around and kick me a ton, especially in the ribs, even though he has dropped a bunch. 

Cravings: Watermelon! 

Queasy or sick: Some nausea every so often, but nothing terrible. 

Looking forward to: This little man to arrive! He just needs to come already!!! Also, for my little sister to arrive tomorrow. I haven't seen her in over a year!

No comments:

Post a Comment