Tuesday, July 22, 2014

38 weeks; baby is the size of a pumpkin!

I truly feel like I am in the home stretch now. I only have two weeks until my due date, which means the little man could come at any time or he could be a week or so late. Right now the waiting game is probably the most frustrating thing. I don't have a lot to distract me since I've stopped working, but I try to stay busy every day while I wait for him to come. Read on for more from this week!



shirt: Target
cardigan: Target
pants: groopdealz; similar


How far along: 38 weeks

Gender: BOY!

Maternity clothes: Yep. As evidenced by this photo, my wardrobe is quite limited and I don't always make it into "real clothes." I'm just trying to stay as comfortable as possible in these final days.

Stretch marks: Yep. No new ones, which is really nice since this is the time when they would tend to  pop up. 

Belly button in or out: Still in. I'm pretty sure it won't ever pop out at this point. It's strange that it got so close, but never really popped out. 

Sleep: Pretty terrible most nights. I make due with what I'm given. Some nights are okay as far as sleep goes, but most times I can't fall back to sleep as easily as I'm used to. 

Best moment this week: Getting to spend time with the hubby this weekend and most other days this week since I haven't been working. I'm glad we are able to make the most of the time before this little man arrives and consumes all of our free time. 

Worst moment this week: Having a hormonal breakdown and crying a bunch for no real reason. It was really strange and unprecedented. Luckily, it was over quickly and I felt better afterwards.

Miss anything:  Sleeping on my back and stomach. Sleep is what is giving me the most grief these days, so I'm ready to sleep in any position other than on my side. Also being able to bend over without this giant belly in my way.

Movement: Oh yes. I don't really know how he manages to move and groove as much as he does, but it is rather impressive sometimes. 

Cravings: Not really. Mainly fresh fruit still. The other night I really wanted a peanut butter sandwich. 

Queasy or sick: Nope!

Looking forward to: The little man to make his appearance!!!

1 comment:

  1. Aaaaah, this is way too exciting for me to handle right now! So close!

    ReplyDelete