Tuesday, July 15, 2014

37 weeks; baby is the size of a winter melon!

Ladies and gentlemen, we are down to the final three weeks. Technically, this baby could come at any time. WHOA! I feel like I have no more room for this little man to grow at all, but I'm sure I'll manage. Read on for more from this week!



shirt: Target
skirt: Gap
cardigan: Target


How far along: 37 weeks

Gender: BOY! At least that's what we've been told for the past 20 or so weeks. David has recently been planting in my mind that it could turn out to be a girl, which is technically true, but I don't need anything else to occupy my mind right now.

Maternity clothes: Yep. Most days I wear skirts or a dress. I featured this lovely outfit I'm wearing today back at 30 weeks. My how my belly has grown!

Stretch marks: Yep. Nothing new here. 

Belly button in or out: Still in. I'm thinking it might pop out when he drops. 

Sleep: Not great. I'm always too hot. I have to get up to use the bathroom about 4 to 5 times a night. I also  have my legs fall asleep from the weight of my body. My hips ache from the same thing. Overall its not terrible, but all of the little things add up to some restless nights.

Best moment this week: Finding out at my doctor's appointment that my little man is head down! I never thought I would be so excited about something like that, but it is good news. Hopefully he stays that way. I'm also 1cm dilated. Which doesn't really mean anything at this point, but it is still progress in my mind. 

Worst moment this week: My last day of work! This is bittersweet for me. I've been with the same company for over 2 years, since it has been open. I'm sad to be leaving a company that I've helped build, but I'm also ready for the new chapter of being a mom. I don't know what I'm going to do for the next few weeks while I'm waiting for this little man to make an appearance though.

Miss anything: Being able to easily reach my feet, any sleeping position other than my sides. You know, the usual stuff. 

Movement: Yep! Little man favors my left side and likes to jam his knees up into my ribcage. Even the nurse commented on where he likes to sit during my last appointment. 

Cravings: Fresh watermelon and peaches. We've had some really good watermelon the past few weeks and I cannot get enough. 

Queasy or sick: I'll get tired more easily and feel "off" but no real sickness. 

Looking forward to: Hanging out with Jennifer and Dorothy! I'm so glad I'll have some free time to spend with them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment