Monday, February 1, 2016

January Progress




So after the holidays and vacation, I did what most people do and recommit to fitness and weight loss.
My reasons are numerous, the biggest one being that I had now gone over my pre-pregnancy weight and I felt awful all the time because of how I was eating. I felt tired all the time, had consistent headaches, I found myself getting agitated more easily, and I didn't feel happy with that.
I knew something had to change and I had to be all in.
I know all the things I should be doing to control my weight and get my body strong, but I don't always implement them. Usually I lack motivation and go completely in the other direction. I gain weight pretty easily if I'm no paying attention to my diet choices and staying active.
So, January 1st rolled around and I had to game plan.

-I was going to use my recumbent bike to complete 1,000 miles this year. My husband's goal is to run 1,000 miles and I figured I could manage biking that many.
-I needed to focus on portion control, nutrient dense foods and tracking what I eat. I use MyFitnessPal and absolutely love it. It always helps me.
-I needed to do other strength training so I could be strong and capable.
-I needed to drink more water! This alone has been so crazy helpful.

With those things in mind I set out to meet my goals. At first I wasn't sure how much weight I wanted to lose. My main focus was just to feel better and do better. About the second week of January, I decided I was going to get my weight to 135. This is about 5 pounds less than the healthiest (when I came home from college) weight I've been able to achieve. I still have about 50 pounds to lose in order to meet this goal.
I know it won't be easy, but I know it will be worth it.

So far this month I have lost almost 12 pounds. I know this is mainly because I was eating so poorly in the months leading up to the new year, but I am prepared to alter my plans when the plateau is inevitably hit.

I am so grateful to my wonderful husband for motivating me to always do my best and to really challenge myself to do better.


No comments:

Post a Comment