Monday, July 27, 2020

14 weeks; baby is the size of a peach

Hello, second trimester! This pregnancy is finally speeding up after feeling like it was dragging for the first several months. I'm feeling slightly less anxious and trying to enjoy my pregnancy more.

David told someone I was 9 weeks the other day, which demonstrates perfectly how differently husbands and wives track pregnancy. In fairness, he's done this several times before and I think it's harder to feel connected since he can't come to most of my appointments.





How far along: 14 weeks

Gender: Unknown...or is it???

Maternity clothes: Not using a ton of maternity yet, but it's not far off. 

Stretch marks: No new ones

Belly button in or out:  Still in

Sleep: Pretty good all things considered. 

Best moment this week:  Scoring some baby clothes on clearance at Target and finally being out of the first trimester. 

Worst moment this week:  Finding out my platelets are really low already in this pregnancy. It means meeting with a hematologist more frequently and trying to keep my levels stable for delivery. 

Miss anything: Not having heartburn. It has been really bad this pregnancy. 

Movement:  Possibly? I've felt a few flutters but nothing that I can accurately say is baby. 

Cravings: Still on a Mexican food kick and Harris Teeter sushi. 

Queasy or sick: Still feeling nauseous in the mornings and if I don't drink enough water. 

Looking forward to: Spending time with family for Everett and David's birthdays. 

No comments:

Post a Comment