Tuesday, May 13, 2014

28 weeks; baby is the size of a tropical coconut!

We have finally made it to the THIRD TRIMESTER! I am so excited for this boy to come, but am trying to temper that "light at the end of the tunnel" feeling considering I still have 12 more weeks or so before his arrival. David and I are so ready to meet our little boy and hold him in our arms. This not-so-little one will continue to grow by 1/2 pound a week for the last trimester, which seems impossible at this point considering there isn't much more space in me. Here's the low-down for this week.


blocks: GRACE & SALT 
cardigan: Target
shirt: Old Navy 
jeans: Gap



How far along: 28 weeks

Gender: BOY!!!

Maternity clothes: Yep! I finally got a pair of jeans with the full belly panel. They are also a thinner material and very comfy. As embarrassing as this might be, I also got an extra long beach towel from Target, because mine was not covering this big ole belly. 

Stretch marks: Yep. They haven't been expanding much over the past few weeks, but I'm sure that will change very soon. 

Belly button in or out: Somehow it is still in. I don't know how. It was really deep pre-pregnancy, but it should make an appearance before this boy is born. 

Sleep: Hit and miss. My Bump Nest pillow is the only thing making it half-way decent right now. And air conditioning. Thank goodness I live in the time that I do, because I am always overly hot and air conditioning is wonderful. 

Best moment this week: Pulling off a surprise birthday party for my stepdad! Also, the adorably sweet card my husband gave me for Mother's Day. 

Worst moment this week: The swelling and aches in my legs from moving and running around setting up for the party. It wasn't really that bad, but I have to remind myself to put my feet up every once in a while to  keep the swelling to a minimum.

Miss anything: Lung capacity, seeing my feet, being able to bend over with ease. 

Movement: Yep! I feel him moving most the day at this point. It's not always a kick, but he always rolling around and doing all sorts of crazy stuff. 

Cravings: Nope. I've actually been having some major aversions this week. There are certain days where absolutely nothing sounds good but I know I have to eat. No bueno. 

Queasy or sick: See above. I also had some weird nausea to go with that as well. 

Looking forward to: My glucose challenge tomorrow. NOT! I don't think it will be that bad, but I'm anxious to see what the outcome is. Crossing my fingers that I pass with no gestational diabetes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment