Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Oh my yum wrap

This is a quick and easy lunch that I make time and time again. It is delicious, filling, gets in veggies, and is packed with protein.
I planned to make this with smashed avocado, but my avocados weren't ripe enough to be used today. So I made the swap for some hummus, which was just as good. Using hummus or avocado is a great way to cut calories instead of mayo. They also contain healthy fats which are good for you.
If you make it the way I did, this lunch comes in around 280 calories, slightly less if you use 1/4 cup of avocado versus the 2 tbsps of hummus.

Here are all the ingredients you will need:



First, lay out your wrap-these are FlatOut wraps, but you can also use a tortilla and spread the hummus or avocado all over. Add some fresh ground pepper and sea salt.



Next, layer about a half a cup to a cup of fresh spinach or any lettuce of your choice over the hummus.



 Add the chipotle chicken and bacon (I used precooked) on top. Roll up and enjoy the loaded goodness.



You could also warm this up on the stove or add cheese. I just choose to keep it simple because I like the fresh taste. 



No comments:

Post a Comment