Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Healthy Dessert Series-Pt. 1

Since I am always looking for alternatives to stuffing my face full of Oreos, Ben and Jerry's, and donuts, I have done quite a bit of experimenting with some recipes.
Not all of my recipes are fantastic, but some of them really hit the spot. Mainly these come together because I need to use something up or I want to see how certain flavors will mesh. 
I purchased two sets of popsicles molds. One I got at Dollar Tree and another on Amazon here.
I like having two different sets, one with four popsicles and the other with six. This makes it easy to break up the recipes to fit the calories that I am looking for. 
I am really bad about taking photos or doing anything even slightly professional, but I'm hoping just the recipe will inspire you. 
My main inspiration for these first two recipes I'm sharing came from my love of Yasso bars. They are so super good, but pretty expensive ($3.98 for 4 at Walmart), so I was looking for something a bit more budget friendly.
Most of the items can be swapped out with different brands, but it may change the nutritional information slightly. I build my recipes in MyFitnessPal and it is super easy. 
I found some Cookie Dough Bites and Birthday Cake Cookie Dough Bites at Dollar Tree that looked delicious, the rest was just trial and error. You could always swap these out for some dark chocolate chips or crushed up cookies, really the choice is up to you!

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Frozen Yogurt Bars

Serves 4; can be changed to 6 servings to fit in your mold

Ingredients:
6 oz Plain Greek Yogurt-I used Harris Teeter brand
1 package Cookie Dough bites
7 oz Fat Free Vanilla Frozen Yogurt
1-2 oz milk of your choice

Method: 
Mix all ingredients together, the milk will help the items blend together. Pour mix into the popsicle mold and freeze overnight remove and store in the freezer. To remove, place the molds in lukewarm water to the top of the mold and wiggle to release. I store mine in quart size bags which works perfectly.




















Chocolate Birthday Cake Popsicles:

Serves 6; but can be adjusted to fit your needs

Ingredients:
8 oz Plain Greek Yogurt
4 oz Fat Free Vanilla Frozen Yogurt
2 tbsp Ghiradelli Unsweetened Cocoa
1 package Cupcake Bites with Sprinkles

Method:
Mix all ingredients together and spoon into popsicle mold. Freeze overnight then remove from mold and store in the freezer. 






No comments:

Post a Comment